Traveling to Turkey has never been that easy since the introduction of E-visa. This electronic version visa has eliminated all the disadvantages of the stamp and sticker version. So who is able to apply and how to apply for an E-visa Turkey? This blog will be my walk through on How to apply for an E-visa Turkey.
1. What visa for Turkey?
Before showing you how to apply for E-visa Turkey, let’s take a look at some information about this visa for Turkey:
1.1. What visa for Turkey?
All travelers going to Turkey that do not hold the nationality of one of the visa-exempt countries need to apply for the mandatory Turkey visa.
However, a Turkey visa is not easy to deal with since it requires an Invitation letter from a Turkish travel company. This means that you have to book a tour to get this invitation letter. Not everyone wants to join a tour.
Since 2014, the introduction of E-Visa has replaced the “sticker visa” and “stamp-type” visa formerly issued at border crossings.
1.2. Who can apply for a Turkey e visa?
You can apply for for Turkey E-visa if meet those requirements:
- Your passport covers the period that you will be staying Turkey.
- Have a valid Supporting Document (visa or residence permit from one of the Schengen countries, USA, UK or Ireland).
- Travel to Turkey for the purposes of tourism or business.
- Travel to Turkey by air. Have round-trip tickets with Turkish Airlines, Pegasus Airlines, Onur Air or Atlasglobal Airlines.
2. Step-by-step to apply E visa Turkey
STEP 1: Start the Application
– Go to the Turkish E-visa Application website https://www.evisa.gov.tr
– Choose #Apply Now (on the top left corner) or #1 Apply (at the center of the screen)
STEP 2: Country/Region
– Tab Country/Region: Choose the country as shown on your passport
– Tab Travel Document: Choose Ordinary passport
– Enter the captcha code as shown on the picture
– Choose Save and Continue – New applicant or I have an Ongoing Application – half-the-way to Turkish E-visa applicant.
STEP 3: Date of Arrival
– Choose your date of arrival to Turkey (no need to be exact). The date you choose will be the start date of your visa validity. The date doesn’t need to be 100% exactly.
STEP 4: Prerequisites
Tick all boxes as you don’t need to show or upload anything in the following steps.
STEP 5: Personal information
Make sure to fill out the form correctly and turn off the auto-fill option on your browser. Double check your information before submitting.
- Name / Surname / Date of birth:
- Place of birth: This is one of the most common mistakes for applicants who rely on auto-fill. After receiving the e-Visa, my friends discovered that the places of birth was wrong. So she had to apply for a new e-Visa again.
- Mother’s name and Father’s name: you can skip this
- Type of supporting doc. / Supporting Doc. From / Supp. Doc. Expiry Date : Pick “Visa” or “Residence Permit” and fill in the information as shown on that supporting document
- Passport Number / Passport Issue Date / Passport Expiry Date
- Email: be sure to fill in the right email as the e-visa will be delivered
STEP 6: Submit
After submitting your application, you will receive an email from email@example.com. Click Approve to process the payment step.
If you don’t see any email, check your Junk or Spam Mailbox. If you don’t see any email, request any email by click “Resend Email”.
STEP 7: Payment
After that, you will be navigating to the payment page. Fill in your credit card and click Make Payment.
STEP 8: Receive your E-visa
Once the payment is settled, E-visa will be sent directly to your email address.
Show this E-visa (print version) with your passport during Immigration Check.
3. E-visa Turkey FAQ
You can find some FAQs about E-visa Turkey below:
Q1: How much is an E-visa?
E-Visa fee varies according to country of travel document and type of travel document.
Q2. Do I need to enter Turkey on the exact date specified in my application?
No. You can enter Turkey on any date within the E-visa validity.
Q3. Do I need to obtain a separate e-Visa for children accompanying me (even if my child is included in my passport?)
Yes. Each traveler must have a seperate e-Visa.
Q4. I have a round trip ticket to Turkey (from assigned airlines). But my departure and arrival destinations are not the same. Is it possible to apply for an e-Visa?
Yes, you can.
Q5. Can I change the information on my e-visa after submitting?
It is not possible to change even a small mistake in the passport number or the starting date of the visa after the application is submitted. In case the visa contains faulty information, the applicant has to apply for an entirely new visa.
Q6. Can I cancel my Turkey visa?
No. It is unable to cancel the Turkey E-visa under any circumstances.
Q7. Can my e-visa be rejected?
The Turkish immigration service might reject a visa application. However, this does not mean that it becomes impossible to travel to Turkey. In these cases, you can still apply for a mandatory visa.
Q8. Do I get a refund if my Turkey visa is rejected?
If your visa application is denied for whatever reason, you will automatically get a full refund within 10 working days.
Q9. Can I receive a refund if I don’t make use of the e-visa after it has been granted?
No. If your visa has been approved you cannot, under any circumstance, receive a refund. Not even if you don’t make use of the visa. Only if your application is rejected will you be reimbursed for the entire purchase cost (within 10 work days).
Q10. Can I apply for a new e-Visa while I am in Turkey?
When your e-Visa expires, you are not allowed to apply for a new e-Visa without departing from Turkey. It is advised to apply for a residence permit at the Provincial Directorate of Migration Management.
4. Summary: How to apply E-visa Turkey
4.1. Turkey travel tips
– Bring your own scarf as it will be the best way to cover your hair for religious sites or to rock your outfit.
– Always make a bargain when shopping in a shop or bazaar.
– Buy the sim card at the airport for a better rate. You will get a much more expensive tourist rate when asking for a sim card outside.
– It is easy to find good places to stay in Turkey since cheaper prices compared to other countries in Europe and a wide variety of choices.
This is my walk through for How to apply for an E-visa Turkey. Your trip to Turkey is just a click away. So don’t hesitate to choose Turkey for your next vacation.
If you need further information, kindly see other posts in Traveling to Turkey series:
– MUST-USE WEBSITE TO PLAN YOUR NEXT TRIP –